Wanted: freelance web developer(s)
We’re looking for web developers to collaborate with us, initially on a freelance basis.
The tasks we need help with are:
- implementing new graphical or interactive elements, or whole new layouts, in existing sites – usually from Photoshop designs, and working with and extending our own custom-coded WordPress templates
- coding of complete responsive, and sometimes multilingual, websites / web applications from supplied Photoshop designs, and usually as fully bespoke WordPress themes using hand-coded PHP, HTML5 and CSS3, and jQuery or other technologies as required
- interpreting the data structures and relationships implied by a supplied design or set of designs and translating them into an intuitive, customised administration interface
- testing, or resolving problems with, the display, interactivity or cross-browser compatibility of existing sites
We’d like to find people who have a:
- good understanding of fundamental principles of programming
- keen, instinctive ability to solve logical problems
- passion for writing clean, clear, efficient, standards-compliant code
- ability to not take a brief or supplied designs on face value, but to consider aspects of end-user or admin-user experience the client or designer might not have foreseen and engage keenly in discussion about them
… plus, ideally, a, good to excellent knowledge of most of the following:
- English and Spanish
- PHP5, HTML5 and CSS3
- responsive design principles and use of media queries
- WordPress theme and plugin development, including WP admin customisation
- principles of AJAX
- integration of APIs
- current web design / development trends & technologies
Examples of our projects and clients can be found here on our website.
Ideally we’d like to find collaborators based in or near Barcelona, making it easier to meet face-to-face and work together.
If you’re interested and suitable, please send an email to Andrew and Thomas (at email@example.com) with examples of previous work and any other information you consider relevant.